Nonstick cooking spray
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups broccoli florets, coarsely
3 slices raw center-cut bacon (or turkey
bacon, or vegan alternative)
1 cup cooked quinoa
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and
ground black pepper (to
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare muffin pan by coating lightly with spray; set aside.
- Steam broccoli for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender-crisp; set aside.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon;
cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. When cool enough to
handle, chop bacon.
- Combine eggs, broccoli, bacon, quinoa, cheese, green onion, salt
(if desired), and pepper (if desired), in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Evenly divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the
center comes out clean, and eggs are set